Skip to main content

1st Christmas in Manly, Sydney

"When in Rome, being like a Roman" so when people drink or smoke ganja for instance then i should do the same things, Yea right I'm not Damn. Hell no... i do what i like how i want it. if it is cross the limit for sure i will act. i understand if they say "it is the culture" then i can say "yes" i don't like it and it doesn't suit me then". so when things bother me and i did nothing to do about it of course i will act... calling police for instance if people drink, drunk n being stupid and too laud at 1.30 AM in front of my house when i have to sleep and have to wake up in the morning.
i just want to hang out with normal people, those who knows when to party and when to stop and appreciate neighbour.. those who knows there is kids sleeping next door. those who knows the limit to be too drunk and stay up a whole morning and go to work late the next day. a normal people who appreciate life and the health God gives.
im not saying stop having fun and enjoy life... do whatever u like as long as you don't bother anyone. party till 12midnite weekend in someone house i think it's still ok, but party till late morning at someone house is unacceptable. i don't feel like i miss the fun coz i hv my own definition of fun and enjoy youthful. yes this is just my frustration just a thought. as soon as we move out of this neighbour (which some ladies i met call it "party house") i would be so much happier and stop complaining. im looking forward to it.
anyway, summer is officially here... i usually wake up freezing and feeling cold, but not anymore... in fact i put the fan on the whole night. it is beautiful and sunny day and i like the sun here... back home is different... so humid and make you sweat alot.. but here is nice... im not scare of the sun like back home, i search for the sun and i appreciated it more coz now i know how it feels like in winter with no sun but freeze our ass off sitting in front of the heater.. it wasnt even winter but feel like winter.


ahh at least i have couple months to enjoy the heat and beautiful manly beach. im still loving US more and i dont thing this will change..but here in Oz, the money and weather are so much better... i just got my medical card when i can go to public hospital for free. (that's what they say) being an immigrant and away from family n friends.. health care is very important for me. another most important thing i need is a stable job... i might be a well educated woman back home with my master degree but here in Oz it doesn't guarantee and it might not counted. speaking English as my second language it frustrate me sometimes. i guess  i have to go to school and get some kind of certificate... i dont mind to do anything for now as long as i make $$$.
speaking about language.. im so get use to the swear words and they swear alot i mean not everyone but at least those people i hv meet so far. it is like become apart of their language.. f#ck, son of th bitch, @sshole, sh#t, mothe f#ck, etc etc... you name it they say it... it comes out of their mouth like water... so easily.. i really cant raise my kids in this circumstances for sure.
Christmas tree, i bough one for Shea and put the ornament and light. i had never had one in my life as i never celebrate christmas. friends back home might wonder and mock me "uhh you celebrate xmas, you are  not christian, what the hell are you doing, bla..bla..bla.." for me Christmas is like new year, it is a festival. sometings nice to celebrate..... it is not like going to the church and pray... none of these people i know here goes to church. (i guess it's an option, or i dont know... may be i have to ask and have an discussion "the whys" with them) i care less coz when it comes to religion it is very private, sensitive topic to discuss with no where to end and something that only you and God knows...
i got Shea a yankee hat i found in Waringgah mall, and an ipod (since i broke his) nothing fancy. he doesnt like me to shop and buy things expensive. the only time i can is throu this festival or birthday.. he has no excuse to preach me about saving money becuase it is Christmas.. i told him "enjoy life" you work hard you deserve it.. why should u wait till you r retired to enjoy money you work for it... by then you will have limitation of health and it wont be fun.. lol (just joking)
i hv this secret santa exchange present with my friends and it was fun... i got my xmas present from my secret santa.. yes it should be secret and ihavent found out who gave me... we had lunch and couple of wine... xmas dinner, we r going to open xmas present from our sister Karen,,,she is very nice, it is nice to receive a present, it is not about what is inside.. for me it is about the kind thoughtful of these people who thinks about you... and spent their time looking for something you like..and the wrap... the wrap makes me thrill and happy:) Heather Roy (our cousin) also sent me xmas present we loved it. and this morning shea wakes up and pull some $, a xmas present from our parents in USA Mr. and Mrs. Shea... i hv never recieved xmas present in my life and these are my first...  i like the thrill and the feeling, it is very nice...Thank you Karen, Heather, Mr and Mrs. Shea... it really made my 1st Christmas here.

Shea promised to show me a real xmas, i asked him "what do you mean with the real xmas" he keeps saying it doesnt feel like one here.. real xmas for him is a white christmas with snow, xmas trees, family around and xmas carol. ahh i cant wait to see the real one.... must be fun like in the movie. i asked him my xmas present then he pull some $ for me to buy my own xmas present then he asked me to give it to him then he wil wrap it then give it to me back... ahhh it wont be fun it i know what's inside..
in Manly church, they have the play on stange and these camels parade.. family brings their kids there and see the animal, it was fun and the kids loved it. i cooked Indoensian food. and invited friends who are away from family just like us. they loved my food. xmas day spent on the beach, scuba (our British friend) purposed his gf to marry him on the beach infornt of everyone, it was so sweet and romantic...my 1st xmas i sydney------> i can say so far so good, as life is good (when you appreciate little things, just like a penny wont make a dollar if u only have 99cent, so yes a small thing sometimes..makes it matter)
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!
Wish you all have a great one
and Thank you for reading my blog:)
Much much love
DIAH

Comments

  1. Have a great holiday and happy new year, dear Diah. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. than you cici, tyou too, happy holiday miss u always xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i am glad to convey that I've a very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what
    I needed. I most surely will make certain to don?
    t fail to remember this website and give it a look on a relentless basis.


    Review my blog post :: Travel Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

i wish i could go back n live in US

You won’t miss cookies if u never have one but once you have one and u like it im sure you want more! Im talking about me liking US. my friends might not miss it coz they have never been there and experience the life but I did and I know how it feels like! I have been to only 3 great countries where people wish to stay and immigrant; Canada, US and Australia. I compare a lot about each and I conclude or in my personal opinion US is my choice. It is not because the super power country, police of the world etc, but I see it from the “quality of life” that this county offers for me or perhaps my kids in the future. The quality of life, there is so much better… im talking about very simple things I need for daily life such us things that makes easy in the kitchen ; wash disher, nice oven, good clean water, cheap groceries, cheap food / eating out, good shopping,   very good transportation system , quick response of 911 or fire fighter, good sanitation, quick services (bank/post office/stor

My Indo (Jambi) Wedding

Jambi Traditional wedding cloth hand painting One of the happiest days of my life… Yes the wedding went perfect like what I expected. Words can’t explain how I felt but I will try my best. Seems like everyone likes Yusuf Kevin (that’s what they called him). I really wish he could speak Bahasa, blame on me!! I was too lazy to teach him my language. On Saturday a day before the wedding, we visited my aunty, she offered Shea a place to stay but we refused, rejection isn’t polite here they expected you to always say Yes all the time. it is more to the culture thingy. We went back to the village… everyone was waiting and excited to see Bule (white/western) to take some pictures. Derek and Shea were like celebrity of the weekend. The kids followed wherever they went. Shea bought about 30 kids ice cream which cost only $5 they were all happy. Bless him. We stayed for a few hours and learn the Indo sentence for the marriage. Shea has to remember bahasa word “Aku terima nikahi

Walk thru Harbour Bridge

My full time job just required me to come 4x a week, i had Friday off last week and Monday off this week so basically i had long weekend! which is great so i could have some times for my self and write this blog. well i did work on Saturday part time job but just for 3 hours making $26/hours extra $60 to pay my phone bill. I call my family alot lately as i miss them more and more, this month i spent $90 for my Vodafone! I wanted to go to Brisbane as  have never been there but perhaps sometime this month or next month.  i cant stuck like this doing nothing but work -eat and sleep. I always end up feeling exhausted at the end of the day and refuse to do anything but sit in the couch and watch TV or sleep. Yesterday i drove to Neutral bay 20  minutes from Manly to see my work mate Maureen, i also met her guy housemate and we had lunch. It was nice. Hose is her housemate is from Mexico and his bf ( i forgot the name) is from Scotland. Everywhere you go in Australia, most of those