Skip to main content

Beijing 2nd day Niu Jie Mosque

600 years old Niu Jie Mosque

Beijing is a big city, way bigger than Jakarta.. wide and big road (some has 6 lines + one line for bicycles) so better transportation, and way organized. People in Beijing are nice and helpful too. What I like most about this city is the parks.. it’s everywhere. In the morning there are so many people doing exercise. There are so many old building or it built with the old style. Just like when you go to China town; the restaurant, street vendors selling fruit or food, clothing or souvenir stores, etc. The signs are in Chinese, Chinese songs are played everywhere, so many restaurant selling noodles and variety of food. Chinese likes to eat outside with family and friends, order big food and share it with chopsticks. Tea is like their beer, it is a must. I see taxi or bus driver has tea in a bottle.



The street has its own characteristic; the smells, the food they offer, the people and Hutong. It is so Chinese and I can’t get Chinese than these. Everything is pretty much made in China. I don’t see much western stuff here other than some fancy clothing store and I’m sure it is still made in China but just the brand is well known. It is hard to explain but the point is think about China town that’s what china like, Not only in small Long Street but whole country. One day I will miss this city and want to come back.
Inside the mosque
Beijing Bus
It is difficult to find ATM or western food, unlike back home it’s everywhere. Cars or buses don’t really care about people crossing the road so I have to be very careful. Most of them don’t really read alphabet well so when I want to go somewhere I ask the receptionist to write the name of the place in Chinese. So much easier for me , when I get lost I just show it, 100% guarantee they understood. I did write once with alphabet name and they didn’t understand till I have to find students because most of young generation can speak little English.
I’m totally illiterate, can’t read nor speak. When I want to buy something I just point and smile, they might think I’m Chinese and when they said the price in Mandarin I just smile and give bigger amount so they will give me change then I will find out how much it costs. If I ask the price they will charge me extra since they know I’m tourist. Today when I took the bus to Nie Jie Mosque I showed the bus driver the address that the receptionist wrote me. I acted like I’m dumb. It is fun I don’t have to think hard no verbal needed, just the gesture and smile.
I supposed to go to the great wall tour but I postponed it, I wake up pretty late today but felt so much better. My sore legs were gone, I had Mc. D for lunch for 17 RMB ($4), it still tasted so MSG. I couldn’t finish it. Yes I still have problem with food. I have not eaten properly since I came here. I bought a banana, I had salad for lunch in the hotel café but it still tasted shitty. I was kind of worried eating the raw veggies and the dressing tastes yucky so I just had 2-3 bites. I then ate leftover plain rice I bought from last night.
I visited 600 years old historical mosque in Niu Jie. I took bus no. 48 cost 1RMB (20 cents) I walked inside the mosque, at first the gate guy asked for entrance fee but when I told him I’m Muslim, he then let me in for free. I walked around the mosque and took picture. It looks pretty old building with old details Chinese design. I stay for about 20 minutes then left took the same bus to Mei Jie street.
My 2nd day was pretty easy. I walked through the small alley… restaurants, stores, stalls… same things.. I spotted this salon, i wanted to get my hair washed. The guy did wash my hair, dried it. He then braided n tide (I didn’t ask him so)… I just let him finished his job. i was just smiling, paid 30RMB then left. When I got to the hotel I washed my hair, thinking about the same brush or comb they use to many heads make me want to wash my hair again and again. No more salon in BeijingJ

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

i wish i could go back n live in US

You won’t miss cookies if u never have one but once you have one and u like it im sure you want more! Im talking about me liking US. my friends might not miss it coz they have never been there and experience the life but I did and I know how it feels like! I have been to only 3 great countries where people wish to stay and immigrant; Canada, US and Australia. I compare a lot about each and I conclude or in my personal opinion US is my choice. It is not because the super power country, police of the world etc, but I see it from the “quality of life” that this county offers for me or perhaps my kids in the future. The quality of life, there is so much better… im talking about very simple things I need for daily life such us things that makes easy in the kitchen ; wash disher, nice oven, good clean water, cheap groceries, cheap food / eating out, good shopping,   very good transportation system , quick response of 911 or fire fighter, good sanitation, quick services (bank/post office/stor

My Indo (Jambi) Wedding

Jambi Traditional wedding cloth hand painting One of the happiest days of my life… Yes the wedding went perfect like what I expected. Words can’t explain how I felt but I will try my best. Seems like everyone likes Yusuf Kevin (that’s what they called him). I really wish he could speak Bahasa, blame on me!! I was too lazy to teach him my language. On Saturday a day before the wedding, we visited my aunty, she offered Shea a place to stay but we refused, rejection isn’t polite here they expected you to always say Yes all the time. it is more to the culture thingy. We went back to the village… everyone was waiting and excited to see Bule (white/western) to take some pictures. Derek and Shea were like celebrity of the weekend. The kids followed wherever they went. Shea bought about 30 kids ice cream which cost only $5 they were all happy. Bless him. We stayed for a few hours and learn the Indo sentence for the marriage. Shea has to remember bahasa word “Aku terima nikahi

Walk thru Harbour Bridge

My full time job just required me to come 4x a week, i had Friday off last week and Monday off this week so basically i had long weekend! which is great so i could have some times for my self and write this blog. well i did work on Saturday part time job but just for 3 hours making $26/hours extra $60 to pay my phone bill. I call my family alot lately as i miss them more and more, this month i spent $90 for my Vodafone! I wanted to go to Brisbane as  have never been there but perhaps sometime this month or next month.  i cant stuck like this doing nothing but work -eat and sleep. I always end up feeling exhausted at the end of the day and refuse to do anything but sit in the couch and watch TV or sleep. Yesterday i drove to Neutral bay 20  minutes from Manly to see my work mate Maureen, i also met her guy housemate and we had lunch. It was nice. Hose is her housemate is from Mexico and his bf ( i forgot the name) is from Scotland. Everywhere you go in Australia, most of those