Skip to main content

Either Yankee or Red Sox

fenway park Boston
OMG, i have never seen any one who is as fanantic as people in Boston towards Baseball... there are 2 main streams; either Yankee or Red Sox. i remember way before i left Indonesia Kevin Shea told me "whatever my father asks what is your baseball team, you should say im a "Yankee" fan. i just agreed! i had no idea what the hell was Yankee or Redsox. i didnt even understand and have never seen Baseball game in my life not even on TV. Man!! now i totally understand why Shea tried to convert me to Yankee way before i knew what it was. Mr. Shea (shea's father) gave me the Yankee hat the first day i was here. i wore it and walked around neigbors, i didnt realize it not untill i got home that I was in Red Sox homebase... since then i never want to wear that hat around Boston, im too scare to be thrown and yelled by Red Sox fans coz they are everywhere. they might wonder what the heck that asian girl wearing yankee hat in BostonJ.
But guess what? It works… I’m a Yankee fan now! If someone handed me Red Sox hat first time I came here, I would have became the Rex Sox fan. Sorry uncle Al, it’s too lateJ.
When I’m thinking about leaving New England, i feel this heart beating fast n cant breath … it feels like anxiety. I wish I just disappear without saying bye.. coz it sucks! When I think about the opportunity I have? I’m thrill! I don’t know for sure when are we going to come back, but we will in the future! We have reason to be back, both Indonesia and America… isn’t that cool!:) and I love traveling
I guess I can say “SEE YOU LATER”… Boston, New York, Montreal, Toronto those r big cities I like… without mentioning the small city, town I have visited! i ENJOYED every moment of my travel days, such a great fun I have
Things I like/dislike from this New England trip; i don’t know the way around and can’t drive. I’m so depending on Shea which is suck! Back home I do whatever / however/ wherever I want. i get things done in my way. Shea doesn’t really want to show me around Worcester at least when I asked him to.. but most of the time he would say..”there is nothing to see in this city” he is just lazy to drive me around… there is always things to see coz I’m not from here! I saw so many old churches, universities, etc… this is an old city it must have interesting story and building to see. The food; I don’t eat rice 3 times/day anymoreJ, and I can swear as much as Shea does coz he teaches me, I get use to have toilet paper instead of butt-spray. 
i can make a list of things just found in this country but it would be long list:)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i wish i could go back n live in US

You won’t miss cookies if u never have one but once you have one and u like it im sure you want more! Im talking about me liking US. my friends might not miss it coz they have never been there and experience the life but I did and I know how it feels like! I have been to only 3 great countries where people wish to stay and immigrant; Canada, US and Australia. I compare a lot about each and I conclude or in my personal opinion US is my choice. It is not because the super power country, police of the world etc, but I see it from the “quality of life” that this county offers for me or perhaps my kids in the future. The quality of life, there is so much better… im talking about very simple things I need for daily life such us things that makes easy in the kitchen ; wash disher, nice oven, good clean water, cheap groceries, cheap food / eating out, good shopping,   very good transportation system , quick response of 911 or fire fighter, good sanitation, quick services (bank/post office/stor

My Indo (Jambi) Wedding

Jambi Traditional wedding cloth hand painting One of the happiest days of my life… Yes the wedding went perfect like what I expected. Words can’t explain how I felt but I will try my best. Seems like everyone likes Yusuf Kevin (that’s what they called him). I really wish he could speak Bahasa, blame on me!! I was too lazy to teach him my language. On Saturday a day before the wedding, we visited my aunty, she offered Shea a place to stay but we refused, rejection isn’t polite here they expected you to always say Yes all the time. it is more to the culture thingy. We went back to the village… everyone was waiting and excited to see Bule (white/western) to take some pictures. Derek and Shea were like celebrity of the weekend. The kids followed wherever they went. Shea bought about 30 kids ice cream which cost only $5 they were all happy. Bless him. We stayed for a few hours and learn the Indo sentence for the marriage. Shea has to remember bahasa word “Aku terima nikahi

Walk thru Harbour Bridge

My full time job just required me to come 4x a week, i had Friday off last week and Monday off this week so basically i had long weekend! which is great so i could have some times for my self and write this blog. well i did work on Saturday part time job but just for 3 hours making $26/hours extra $60 to pay my phone bill. I call my family alot lately as i miss them more and more, this month i spent $90 for my Vodafone! I wanted to go to Brisbane as  have never been there but perhaps sometime this month or next month.  i cant stuck like this doing nothing but work -eat and sleep. I always end up feeling exhausted at the end of the day and refuse to do anything but sit in the couch and watch TV or sleep. Yesterday i drove to Neutral bay 20  minutes from Manly to see my work mate Maureen, i also met her guy housemate and we had lunch. It was nice. Hose is her housemate is from Mexico and his bf ( i forgot the name) is from Scotland. Everywhere you go in Australia, most of those