Skip to main content

Mission Beach, San Diego

Mission Beach, San Diego
it has been a week since we back from Las Vegas. We rent this small studio for $1500/entire month. Shea said it’s pretty good deal coz during summer the rent could reach $1000-$2000/per week, it’s San Diego one of the most wanted city to live in US no wonder the house/accommodation/place are damn expensive. Our place has small kitchen, stove, oven, big fridge, and the utensil I need for cook (pans/plates/glasses/spoon/etc) minus the wash dish-er.  Nice long sofa, flat tv, small toilet with lots of towel, Murphy bed (hidden bed on the wall), big long mirror from the closet. I’m happy with this place, I can call it home for at least a month,  I have n need privacy. The best of it is the location….it’s located between mission bay and beach, it is in peninsula, 2 minutes walks to the beach (beautiful white sand) and 5 minutes’ walk to the bay… I can see the beach and bay from the house. Beautiful!!!!  
When the first time I got here, I was kind of dis-liked it not because of the beach etc but the places. The houses are small and jam together unlike east coast. I spent the whole summer in MA. The houses there are beautiful n big with front / back yard… at least you still have space (between you and your neighbors). But then when I look around mission beach; the view, the beach, the bay, the sunset, the food and the people, … now I understand the whys.. it’s beautiful here, the weather is nice, warm and reasonable (I mean when it’s cool it’s chill cool which I could still stand it). i just need to adjust and I’m doing it well. I’m started to like it (but if I have to choose, my honest opinion will be LA; big city, mall, a lots of people, entertain etc.. I just love big city) I’m not really big fans of beach; I love the view but not actually sit under the sun and jump to the salt water. NeyJ (I’m from Asia, tropical country under the equator, bright, nice sunny day. People in Asian wants to have light skin, if u ever go to south east Asia, take your time walk around cosmetic line at the mall or watch the woman advertise on TV, they all promising white light skin).
I have been cooking a lot and I love it. I keep doing groceries and our fridge full with vegetables etc. Loli and Yogi just took me to “99 ranch market”, an Asian market where they sell al Asian stuff, I was so excited and now I have more stuff to cook. Yogi lent us his bike so I can bike around the beach. It is hard to get around if u have no vehicles here. at least if u r willing to walk. I know where is the groceries and clothing store, enough to make me happy…  I’m sure I will like this city… I havent seen much yet other than mission beach. I haven’t even seen the down town but soon I will.

Loli and Yogi are the best, they have taken care of us so well… they cooked us dinner, showed us around. last week they took us to San Diego Zoo, the largest zoo.. it was fun… and yesterday they took us to the SEA WORLD!! I was so excited as I have never been to Sea world in my life not even in Jakarta. Me and Shea walked to Sea world for 2  miles… coz we have no car, it was good exercise! We got there around 1ish and had our lunch (we brought from home). We did all the kiddy ride such us; flying fish, tea cup, Elmo ship, etc etc… i hate ride but kiddy ride was ok.  It wasn’t scary at all. sky tower ride was cool in the gank..i could see San Diego city, beautiful!  we wasted no chance so we did it all (pretty much everything) pet stadium, wild artic, penguin encounter, dolphin stadium, shark encounter, Shamu (whale) stadium, Sea lion and Otter stadium, etc … yes there is always the first time for everything and yesterday was my first time to see the real shark, dolphin, whales, polar beach, all the sea wild animals....
it was nice to share sea world time with Loli and Yogi coz usually only me and Shea. The more the marry, we were there for 5-6 hours… walked around, good thing it was quiet so we didn’t really have to wait in a long queue.  Tips; always go to the amusement park or any public fun family park during weekdays coz less crowdedJ . we left when it closed, but this time we had a ride from Loli and Yogi.. couldn’t imagine if we had to walk another  2 miles after walking 6 hours in Sea world. Old navy was next I got my first hoody-sweater (I never have one coz I didn’t need one). I cooked my Indonesia food and so happy Loli and Yogi liked itJ. Happy day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i wish i could go back n live in US

You won’t miss cookies if u never have one but once you have one and u like it im sure you want more! Im talking about me liking US. my friends might not miss it coz they have never been there and experience the life but I did and I know how it feels like! I have been to only 3 great countries where people wish to stay and immigrant; Canada, US and Australia. I compare a lot about each and I conclude or in my personal opinion US is my choice. It is not because the super power country, police of the world etc, but I see it from the “quality of life” that this county offers for me or perhaps my kids in the future. The quality of life, there is so much better… im talking about very simple things I need for daily life such us things that makes easy in the kitchen ; wash disher, nice oven, good clean water, cheap groceries, cheap food / eating out, good shopping,   very good transportation system , quick response of 911 or fire fighter, good sanitation, quick services (bank/post office/stor

My Indo (Jambi) Wedding

Jambi Traditional wedding cloth hand painting One of the happiest days of my life… Yes the wedding went perfect like what I expected. Words can’t explain how I felt but I will try my best. Seems like everyone likes Yusuf Kevin (that’s what they called him). I really wish he could speak Bahasa, blame on me!! I was too lazy to teach him my language. On Saturday a day before the wedding, we visited my aunty, she offered Shea a place to stay but we refused, rejection isn’t polite here they expected you to always say Yes all the time. it is more to the culture thingy. We went back to the village… everyone was waiting and excited to see Bule (white/western) to take some pictures. Derek and Shea were like celebrity of the weekend. The kids followed wherever they went. Shea bought about 30 kids ice cream which cost only $5 they were all happy. Bless him. We stayed for a few hours and learn the Indo sentence for the marriage. Shea has to remember bahasa word “Aku terima nikahi

Walk thru Harbour Bridge

My full time job just required me to come 4x a week, i had Friday off last week and Monday off this week so basically i had long weekend! which is great so i could have some times for my self and write this blog. well i did work on Saturday part time job but just for 3 hours making $26/hours extra $60 to pay my phone bill. I call my family alot lately as i miss them more and more, this month i spent $90 for my Vodafone! I wanted to go to Brisbane as  have never been there but perhaps sometime this month or next month.  i cant stuck like this doing nothing but work -eat and sleep. I always end up feeling exhausted at the end of the day and refuse to do anything but sit in the couch and watch TV or sleep. Yesterday i drove to Neutral bay 20  minutes from Manly to see my work mate Maureen, i also met her guy housemate and we had lunch. It was nice. Hose is her housemate is from Mexico and his bf ( i forgot the name) is from Scotland. Everywhere you go in Australia, most of those