Skip to main content

welcome to America; We made it!!

What a long journey we had!, so we left our hotel in Bangkok at 6.30 pm to the airport, we could have come later but since Shea wanted to watch his hockey game so we got there early at 7ish pm. He was running here n there looking for the game but unfortunately they didn’t play hockey. We waited for 4 hours, JAL (Japanese Airlines)is a big ass-airplane. I managed to watch 2 movies on the plane. It took almost 6 hours to get to Narita airport-Tokyo. We got there around  7am, they  fed us with dinner n lunch it was good meals. our next flight was at 3 am, so we had 8hrs in between, we could have seen Tokyo but since I don’t have the VISA  we just stayed in the airport besides Tokyo is too expensive. The airport was like a graveyard so quiet; most of the counter was still closed. First thing I did when I got there was run to the toilet. As some people says, toilet in the airport is represented a country, I believe it is true in Japan. What a nice n clean toilet with options; you just press the button such us: warm water, spray, music, warm seat, deodorant haha I’ve tried it all. Warm seat is very interesting (make ur butt warmJ), I sat there more than I supposed to.
Travel day is the hardest part of traveling, I hardly slept coz I was too worried and turbulence shook the plane. I kept praying. I was so tired, I slept in the airport i didn’t care, we all did (the travelers) by the time I woke up I was surrounded by passengers,  the seats were full they all  dressed nice and look fresh, of course coz they are from  Tokyo. I was so messy and smelly, they looked at me but I just walked away to the toilet, cleaned up n washed my face, we traveler has to deal with this kinda things.. But I tried not to, I did brushed my teeth and wash my face n put my night cream even when we were in the aero plane haha, blush-on helps a lot… makes me look fresh. 8 hours in the airport was such a long time. our flight was at 3pm, American Airlines… big plane, some seat was empty… it was the worst and pain-in-the-ass coz 9hours straight flight to LA. But we made it! we were beat up and tired!... in LA we were! I felt like a walking zombie, I couldn’t hear anything but people mumbling! Oh hell I didn’t care.. I didn’t understand anyone even Shea, my brain didn’t work…I just wanted to get this done.  we passed the custom and collected our bags… I saw the sign “Welcome to America”.. .. then I realized HEY I’M IN AMERICA!! Wow I made it. Shea was happy coz he can be in control. He was kinda frustrated for the last 1,5year coz I was in charge I was the one who always did the talking..well it makes sense coz I speak the language but he doesn’t… but I’m happy he’s in charge.. too bad I also speak the language so he won’t be in change 100% hahah. My first meal was “Burger King” big portion (that’s what I heard, everything is always in a big portion in the US), I couldn’t finished it.
Our next flight to Boston was at 12.45pm. good thing coz we were waiting only for 3,5 hours, it took 5 hours to get to Boston, we both slept a whole journey… I guess because our body clock, during the flight it was late morning in Bangkok in Bangkok time so that’s y we both slept so tide. We woke up when the plane touch the ground… we were awake and felt fresh. We arrived in Boston around 9.30 pm… Shea’s dad picked us n drove us to his beach house. I had a long shower, 2 days without shower, I felt so good. Shea n his dad watched re-play hockey and their team won. I’m happy for them. we r here, we safe n we  made it. Thank you to His dad who picked us and fed us… he also give us shelter. I slept for 2 hours with window opened, the cool wind and bird-sings woke me up… I looked outside it’s beautiful, green backyard.. . I know im going to love this city… I thank god for today and the amazing days I have during my trip… I can say life is good here!

Comments

  1. so glad to be home to introduce my chicken to my family... so far just relaxing at the beach to get over jet lag and to hang with the two greatest people on earth... my mom and dad...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

i wish i could go back n live in US

You won’t miss cookies if u never have one but once you have one and u like it im sure you want more! Im talking about me liking US. my friends might not miss it coz they have never been there and experience the life but I did and I know how it feels like! I have been to only 3 great countries where people wish to stay and immigrant; Canada, US and Australia. I compare a lot about each and I conclude or in my personal opinion US is my choice. It is not because the super power country, police of the world etc, but I see it from the “quality of life” that this county offers for me or perhaps my kids in the future. The quality of life, there is so much better… im talking about very simple things I need for daily life such us things that makes easy in the kitchen ; wash disher, nice oven, good clean water, cheap groceries, cheap food / eating out, good shopping,   very good transportation system , quick response of 911 or fire fighter, good sanitation, quick services (bank/post office/stor

My Indo (Jambi) Wedding

Jambi Traditional wedding cloth hand painting One of the happiest days of my life… Yes the wedding went perfect like what I expected. Words can’t explain how I felt but I will try my best. Seems like everyone likes Yusuf Kevin (that’s what they called him). I really wish he could speak Bahasa, blame on me!! I was too lazy to teach him my language. On Saturday a day before the wedding, we visited my aunty, she offered Shea a place to stay but we refused, rejection isn’t polite here they expected you to always say Yes all the time. it is more to the culture thingy. We went back to the village… everyone was waiting and excited to see Bule (white/western) to take some pictures. Derek and Shea were like celebrity of the weekend. The kids followed wherever they went. Shea bought about 30 kids ice cream which cost only $5 they were all happy. Bless him. We stayed for a few hours and learn the Indo sentence for the marriage. Shea has to remember bahasa word “Aku terima nikahi

Walk thru Harbour Bridge

My full time job just required me to come 4x a week, i had Friday off last week and Monday off this week so basically i had long weekend! which is great so i could have some times for my self and write this blog. well i did work on Saturday part time job but just for 3 hours making $26/hours extra $60 to pay my phone bill. I call my family alot lately as i miss them more and more, this month i spent $90 for my Vodafone! I wanted to go to Brisbane as  have never been there but perhaps sometime this month or next month.  i cant stuck like this doing nothing but work -eat and sleep. I always end up feeling exhausted at the end of the day and refuse to do anything but sit in the couch and watch TV or sleep. Yesterday i drove to Neutral bay 20  minutes from Manly to see my work mate Maureen, i also met her guy housemate and we had lunch. It was nice. Hose is her housemate is from Mexico and his bf ( i forgot the name) is from Scotland. Everywhere you go in Australia, most of those