Skip to main content

Bus ride to Toronto - St. Catherine

Last day in Hull Gatinue at Claudia’s house was kinda relax… we visited her mom, swam in the pool. It was hot but the water was cool. Claudia’s mom cooked us dinner, spaghetti with shrimp it was good. very nice of her , she loves to talk about random thing and I enjoyed it pretty much. She was looking for something for me to bring, first she gave me a big read flowery cup… but then Claudia told her “she doesn’t hv enough luggage mom” then she found this small rock, ahh I couldn’t say No. she is so sweet and so nice!!!.
I left Ottawa on Sunday at 9.30 bus to Toronto, 8 hrs bus ride for $106. Claudia, nick and baby Olivier dropped me to the bus station. The hardest part of traveling is when to say bye ..bye.. I said to her “see u laterJ”. It helps so we don’t feel sad. Ah I had a great time her and her family.. what a lovely and super nice people they are. I’m so blessed to have such a good friend like her. She called her aunty in Walled near Niagara falls and asked if I could stay over. And her aunty said yes! soo happy. It feels so good!!  I can save a lot!!! at least I know where to go and stay instead of end up in random hostel along with other backpackers! I don’t mind to do it with Shea or friends but by myself?? I don’t feel secure. Off I go!! abt 5 hours bus to Toronto, laid over for 2 hours; enough time to see around and had Pho noodle for lunch in nearest Vietnamess restaurant.

I was so surprised!!! I felt like in Singapore… so many Asian, this city is full of immigrants,.. those people who works in the bus station are all Asian or Immigrants, even the  bus driver is Indian. Seriously!, the white people are minority here! even those people who walks on the street…most of them are Immigrants.. i felt so confortable "am I in Singapore or Toronto??? "
My next bus to St. Catherine was at 4.30, I asked here n there, those immigrants weren’t really friendly or city folks aren’t friendly. I got in the bus, 2 hours ride… St. Catherine bus station is located in a small quite town. Gisele, Claudia’s aunty was there…ah was so happy, She talked French at first then  I told her “English Only” She took me to her house, fed me and gave me a nice green-painted room with very confortable bed.. oh so nice.. She is super nice just like Claudia and her mom.. im so lucky and blessed to meet such a nice people along the way… life is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i wish i could go back n live in US

You won’t miss cookies if u never have one but once you have one and u like it im sure you want more! Im talking about me liking US. my friends might not miss it coz they have never been there and experience the life but I did and I know how it feels like! I have been to only 3 great countries where people wish to stay and immigrant; Canada, US and Australia. I compare a lot about each and I conclude or in my personal opinion US is my choice. It is not because the super power country, police of the world etc, but I see it from the “quality of life” that this county offers for me or perhaps my kids in the future. The quality of life, there is so much better… im talking about very simple things I need for daily life such us things that makes easy in the kitchen ; wash disher, nice oven, good clean water, cheap groceries, cheap food / eating out, good shopping,   very good transportation system , quick response of 911 or fire fighter, good sanitation, quick services (bank/post office/stor

My Indo (Jambi) Wedding

Jambi Traditional wedding cloth hand painting One of the happiest days of my life… Yes the wedding went perfect like what I expected. Words can’t explain how I felt but I will try my best. Seems like everyone likes Yusuf Kevin (that’s what they called him). I really wish he could speak Bahasa, blame on me!! I was too lazy to teach him my language. On Saturday a day before the wedding, we visited my aunty, she offered Shea a place to stay but we refused, rejection isn’t polite here they expected you to always say Yes all the time. it is more to the culture thingy. We went back to the village… everyone was waiting and excited to see Bule (white/western) to take some pictures. Derek and Shea were like celebrity of the weekend. The kids followed wherever they went. Shea bought about 30 kids ice cream which cost only $5 they were all happy. Bless him. We stayed for a few hours and learn the Indo sentence for the marriage. Shea has to remember bahasa word “Aku terima nikahi

Walk thru Harbour Bridge

My full time job just required me to come 4x a week, i had Friday off last week and Monday off this week so basically i had long weekend! which is great so i could have some times for my self and write this blog. well i did work on Saturday part time job but just for 3 hours making $26/hours extra $60 to pay my phone bill. I call my family alot lately as i miss them more and more, this month i spent $90 for my Vodafone! I wanted to go to Brisbane as  have never been there but perhaps sometime this month or next month.  i cant stuck like this doing nothing but work -eat and sleep. I always end up feeling exhausted at the end of the day and refuse to do anything but sit in the couch and watch TV or sleep. Yesterday i drove to Neutral bay 20  minutes from Manly to see my work mate Maureen, i also met her guy housemate and we had lunch. It was nice. Hose is her housemate is from Mexico and his bf ( i forgot the name) is from Scotland. Everywhere you go in Australia, most of those