Skip to main content

Toronto #Niagara Falls and multicultural family I have visited!!

 I woke up and wondered “where am i? ah I’m in Walled, a small city half an hour from Niagara Falls, Gisele and Joe’s house where I stayed. Claudia’s aunty. What nice persons they are, they didn’t know me but let me stayed. Gisele dropped me to Niagara Falls around 11ish. It was beautiful… waterfalls, words sometimes fail to describe how wonderful God’s creation is! These Huge waterfalls, green color makes it even more unique… it bright sunny day. Blue sky, the mist and the fall, no wonder why there are so many  people come from all over the world just to see these waterfalls, it was way worthy… Canadian waterfall is bigger than American but they both look magnificent and huge.
The place packed with tourists already, they jammed along the big stone fence around the waterfalls. Taking pictures, some of them were in the maid of the mist, a boat tour which takes you closer to the falls. I walked along the stone fence taking a bunch of pictures myself. An hour walk under the sunny day was kind a tiring. The heat was really hit the skin, I joined the long queue of the mist boat ticket, $16.50 they give us plastic jacket and off we go to the Niagara on this boat with probably 200 tourists. As usual, they explained the history, the name and etc. it was pretty interesting when it got to the mist… cool it down… 15 minutes or so… short boat ride. I don’t recommend this boat coz I think you can look the waterfall so much better from on top of the cliff. Just wasting moneyJ. 4 hours in Niagara Falls  I had enough, I ate the peanut butter sandwich Gisele game me, and sat under the tree looking at the view of the waterfalls.
Gisele picked me at 4ish, home and dinner… chick dish with a glass of white wine.. we talked a lot abt each travel experience, Gisele opened this big map and pointed the countries that she has been to.. more than 30 countries... Goodness, she has been everywhere!!! I just could say wow!!! the house and the neighbor was very nice and quiet, they have this nice terrace in the backyard where we had our meal… so peaceful. I enjoyed it!. I left walled and st. Catherine Tuesday afternoon and head back to Toronto to see my friend Val. OMG I was so excited!! I haven’t seen her for 8 years!! We met in Yorkdale, big shopping mall. I took My first subway in Toronto and it was FUN! but the bag kills my back… so heavy! She was so excited to see me!! so did i! we celebrated and had small dinner. She took me to her nice house, met her Italian parents and her nieces ah they were so adorable.. they talked a lot and so friendly… I always love kids!!!

Free tour around the city , I enjoyed her sport car ride pretty much! it was so cool, unfortunately it was raining so we didn’t see much but drove around. i was happy anyway! I didn’t see much but I was happy to see her! Her mom cooked real Italian food for dinner and it was delicious!!! real Italian!! I was so lucky! Val n her family was so nice! I love her beautiful nieces instantly so cute and adorable.  
Next was Nick’s house!!! Val dropped me there, just like what nick has explained before, I wasn’t surprised to see her Chinese mom and Indian Dad, but they r originally from Trinidad. They live in this nice neighborhood, his mom welcomed me, nick gave me his room….  I didn’t find any girl stuffs in this house coz they all are boys expect his mom… without wasting the time, nick took me to Toronto night tour to see the life and the lights! With his gf named Chantal. He drove us to downtown and explained things just like a tour guide; the city gay-street, Toronto University where he studied, Toronto time square, china town, shopping streets, Toronto’s only castle, ect… we ended up having Chinese food!! it was so good. I had a good good night!   
It was so nice to see Nick again, last time I saw him was in Feb this year. He came to Indonesia with his cousin… he also love traveling. So im pretty sure I will see him again!!!. we had a long talk about random thing from the past. It’s always Good to catch up the missing years. I slept so so  late this morning, around 4.30am… sometimes it’s hard to close ur eyes when u are not in a familiar place. I have been moving to different houses 4 times… YES!!! From French family to another French family to Italian Family and Trinidad family…. From Claudia’s house to Gisele’s house to Val’s house then Nick’s house!! But I was so so lucky! These people are good and nice people who let me stayed at their place in their nice confortable bed and fed me with their delicious food. imagine how much would have spent if I have to pay all the accommodation for 2 weeks in Canada!!!
I promise myself I will keep traveling until I’m old and perhaps when we have a house I will open my door and welcome anybody, family, friends of family, friends, family of friends, friends of friends… whoever want to stay at my place… !! it felt so good to have a place to stay (for free n save) when u travel coz accommodation is always be the headline of the travel budget!!
Ah I love this Canada trip and I love my dear friends and I admire new people I met along the way! I will always be positive and enjoy every second of my travel days… I am happy with what I have and thankful for this opportunity, im lucky to see and experience things that others might not have seen n experiences… i have a good time of my life and I cherish every moment of it!!! love it!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i wish i could go back n live in US

You won’t miss cookies if u never have one but once you have one and u like it im sure you want more! Im talking about me liking US. my friends might not miss it coz they have never been there and experience the life but I did and I know how it feels like! I have been to only 3 great countries where people wish to stay and immigrant; Canada, US and Australia. I compare a lot about each and I conclude or in my personal opinion US is my choice. It is not because the super power country, police of the world etc, but I see it from the “quality of life” that this county offers for me or perhaps my kids in the future. The quality of life, there is so much better… im talking about very simple things I need for daily life such us things that makes easy in the kitchen ; wash disher, nice oven, good clean water, cheap groceries, cheap food / eating out, good shopping,   very good transportation system , quick response of 911 or fire fighter, good sanitation, quick services (bank/post office/stor

My Indo (Jambi) Wedding

Jambi Traditional wedding cloth hand painting One of the happiest days of my life… Yes the wedding went perfect like what I expected. Words can’t explain how I felt but I will try my best. Seems like everyone likes Yusuf Kevin (that’s what they called him). I really wish he could speak Bahasa, blame on me!! I was too lazy to teach him my language. On Saturday a day before the wedding, we visited my aunty, she offered Shea a place to stay but we refused, rejection isn’t polite here they expected you to always say Yes all the time. it is more to the culture thingy. We went back to the village… everyone was waiting and excited to see Bule (white/western) to take some pictures. Derek and Shea were like celebrity of the weekend. The kids followed wherever they went. Shea bought about 30 kids ice cream which cost only $5 they were all happy. Bless him. We stayed for a few hours and learn the Indo sentence for the marriage. Shea has to remember bahasa word “Aku terima nikahi

Walk thru Harbour Bridge

My full time job just required me to come 4x a week, i had Friday off last week and Monday off this week so basically i had long weekend! which is great so i could have some times for my self and write this blog. well i did work on Saturday part time job but just for 3 hours making $26/hours extra $60 to pay my phone bill. I call my family alot lately as i miss them more and more, this month i spent $90 for my Vodafone! I wanted to go to Brisbane as  have never been there but perhaps sometime this month or next month.  i cant stuck like this doing nothing but work -eat and sleep. I always end up feeling exhausted at the end of the day and refuse to do anything but sit in the couch and watch TV or sleep. Yesterday i drove to Neutral bay 20  minutes from Manly to see my work mate Maureen, i also met her guy housemate and we had lunch. It was nice. Hose is her housemate is from Mexico and his bf ( i forgot the name) is from Scotland. Everywhere you go in Australia, most of those